We are looking for a tenacious and driven Sales Executive to join our Sales team at Old Thorns to proactively develop the business with new and existing clients with a focus on corporate and group business.
The Ideal Sales Executive:
We are looking for someone with previous hospitality or conference & events sales experience. It is essential that you have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with clients and colleagues at all levels are essential.
To be successful in this role, you’ll be highly organised with an eye for detail and you’ll thrive working under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- To conduct both new business development and account management of existing clients
- To build strong relationships with customers to fully understand their needs
- To ensure all sales enquiries are dealt with in a proactive manner
- To maintain a consistent approach to up-selling
- To research the local market, identify new target customers and market trends and co-ordinate sales activities
- To call and visit potential customers for new business and represent the company at exhibitions and networking events
- To undertake an on-going programme of marketing, mail shots and sales activities
- To arrange and conduct tours of our facilities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous sales experience in a similar role
- Proactive and driven approach
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Smart personal presentation and friendly manner
- Sound administration and IT skills with a good standard of literacy and numeracy
Old Thorns is a four-star resort hotel in Hampshire. The hotel is easily accessible from the A3, and only 30 minutes from the M25 and Portsmouth. Old Thorns offers a wide range of accommodation, conference & function facilities, health club, beauty spa, restaurants & bars, and championship golf course. We are a popular venue for corporate events, conferences, weddings, tribute nights and golfers and spa guests.
We offer a fantastic salary and benefits* package!
- Leisure Club Membership
- A Competitive Salary
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Company Pension Scheme
- Company Uniform
- Free on-site parking
- Company discounts for you and your family
To apply for this position please send your full CV with cover letter to email@example.com or click Apply.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org