Old Thorns is a luxury four-star resort in Hampshire. The hotel is easily accessible from the A3, and only 30 minutes from the M25 and Portsmouth. With recent redevelopment and expansion, Old Thorns offers luxury accommodation, conference & function facilities, health club, beauty spa, restaurants & bars and a championship golf course.
We are seeking a Conference & Banqueting Assistant Manager to ensure the smooth running of conferences and events and the delivery of consistently high standards of customer service.
- To ensure the smooth delivery of the conference or event
- To liaise with organisers and sales department to ensure clients requirements are understood and delivered
- To ensure conferences and events are carried out according to client contract including room layout, equipment hire, etc
- To exceed the expectations of our clients and guests
- To assist in motivating your team ensuring they are delivering the highest standards of customer service
- Assisting with the recruitment and training and development of staff
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Have a proven record of service excellence
- Possess the ability to motivate, inspire and train a team
- Adopt a hands on approach and lead by example
- Have immaculate personal presentation skills
- Have a passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Be efficient, organised and have excellent communication skills
- Possess strong industry and food knowledge and be able to advise guests on food and beverage choices and accompaniments
As well as a competitive salary, the company offers training & development, free on-site parking, company uniform, contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org